The Student News Site of Wylie E. Groves High School

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

Hi Groves! It’s Barbie!

Barbie Logo (image is free use via https://www.logo.com)

Hi Barbie! Hi Ken! Hi Groves!

Have you seen the new Barbie movie? If not, you’ve definitely heard of it. The Barbie Movie is the first live-action film based on the world-renowned fashion doll created by Mattel.

This year’s Spirit Week theme is Wylie: Roll out the Red Carpet. Tuesday’s theme this week is Barbie Day, as a homage to the hit movie.

Freshman dressed up as Doctor Barbie, wearing: scrubs, gloves, a mask, a doctor badge, or a stethoscope.

Freshmen, Hannah Rass (Left) and Olivia Handzel (Right), dressed in “Doctor Barbie” inspired clothes. (Ireland Kopsch)

Sophomores dressed up as Popstar Barbie and could wear tutus, wigs, sparkles, or mics. 

Juniors wore outfits inspired by Country Barbie. This included: cowboy hats, cowboy boots, flannels, and jeans.

Groves students Sylvie Ball and Piper Benaim dressed up as Cowboy barbies, in accordance with the Juniors “Barbie Cowboy” theme.
(Ireland Kopsch)

Seniors went for a Business Barbie-inspired look, which included: briefcases, suits, ties, nice shoes, or a fancy dress.

Groves Seniors Marley Eaton (Left) Emily Eshelby (Center) and Andie Shapiro (Right) dress up in business attire to express their Groves spirit.
(Ireland Kopsch)