The Student News Site of Wylie E. Groves High School

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

5 things you absolutely have to do at Mont Tremblant

Mont Tremblant is a beautiful destination year round to visit and immerse yourself in Canadian culture.
Marta Jimenez Pelay

Winter break might be over, but guess what’s coming up? Spring break! If you are looking for any close, almost last minute destinations, Mont Tremblant is the place for you. Mont Tremblant has been a very popular destination for the past 50 years. It is located in Quebec, Canada, so it’s only a ten hour drive from Michigan. It’s the perfect getaway. Plus, it is a four-season destination. Here are 5 things you should absolutely do if you decide to go up there.

First, Mont Tremblant is well known for its amazing ski slopes. The station has some incredible double black diamonds. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a professional skier to enjoy it. There are also some green beginner trails, which makes it the perfect place to learn.

Another thing to do is to go snowshoeing. There are a lot of different incredible trails. While you walk, you can admire the breathtaking views. It usually takes about an hour and a half… to make it more fun, you can feed some birds. 

In addition to that, you can also make your own maple syrup candy in the street. They put some liquid maple syrup on snow, and then you leave it there for 45 seconds. After that, you only have to roll it up and eat it. It’s so good, and fast to do! That is definitely something you have to try there.

Another thing you should try out is ice skating on the frozen lakes. You can laugh, have so much fun and the landscapes are absolutely beautiful. Just be careful and make sure the ice is completely frozen.

Also, Canadians speak French, so you should definitely go there to practice your language. This way, when you come back it will be improved a lot. Isn’t that great? A fun way to learn!

Finally, Mont Tremblant is also known for its ziplines. There are five of them. The whole tour takes approximately five hours to complete. The ziplines cover about 4 km in length and on them, you can travel at speeds up to 100 km/hour.

So, if you were looking for any destination ideas, here you go! It is available all four seasons and will always have something to entertain you with.