The Student News Site of Wylie E. Groves High School

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

The Groves Scriptor

How to look stylish at snowco

Grace Raznick
Seniors Lilia Chung and Gracie Raznick pose for a photo at Groves’ annual homecoming. Senior Lilia Chung is apart of planning Groves’ first snowco after years without a winter dance.

This snowy season, one new addition is being made to bring extra winter magic to groves students: a new winter dance called Snowco. The buzz about this dance around the school hallways has been unmatched. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors alike are excited for another occasion to have fun and let loose. Snowco is as it sounds, a spin off of homecoming taking place in the cold winter. This dance has been highly requested by students as homecoming to prom is a far stretch of time without the fun of glam, pictures, dancing and excitement. Groves loves dances, and adding another dance is a great idea to bring extra fun into our school, especially during our frigid winter season. While the dance will be different in the aspect of its season, and will not be held in the gymnasium, the dances will have many similarities and the spirit of a Groves dance will, of course, shine through. 

Many people are questioning the attire of the dance and what they should be wearing on dance night. For me, a good outfit to rock for the night is always an essential. I have been shopping for a perfect winter look to stay trendy and warm, while matching the vibe of the night. My personal interpretation of the attire would be “winter hoco dresses”— for example, a dress in a darker color palette with sleeves. I am looking for dresses that scream “winter goddess” while being classy, warm and practical. While I know many girls look for a simple short dress style for dances, the options are endless and in no way does one style have to limit you. I am also envisioning a pretty pants romper with sequins, or a pretty skirt look. Also, while long dresses are typically for prom, I could see a winter queen rocking a mid to long length dress.

While it’s rare I say anything is more important than outfits, I more importantly am looking forward to seeing each one of you at Snowco, as we will be making history for a new Groves tradition. A dance we have all been asking for and highly anticipating is finally approaching and it will be nothing short of a winter wonderland. 

Whatever the look you choose to wear, my biggest piece of advice that I’ve learned throughout my years going to Groves dances is to wear something that you feel comfortable, confident and like yourself in. It doesn’t matter what others are wearing or doing, as long as you feel like you’re being authentic to you. That is truly when your beauty shines brightest.